AsdaDream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you doing to pass the time till ob?

+16
SilentEagle1
Dulcamara
sparky
Pil
Abnormality
Amari
turboether
Admin
nibblemynutz
taelmx
rarah
Xilon
crimlo
Eminescu
Himo
Night
20 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What are you doing to pass the time till ob? - Page 3 Empty Re: What are you doing to pass the time till ob?

Post by Night Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:00 pm

shuffle was ok imo...i only got into ichigo 100% at first because it had really nice art haha..... the guy is pretty talented with his manga......should watch some new stuff Razz any1 watched Dennou Coil ? there also gundam 00 if you are into the gundam series......hmm.....thats all i hav seen so far hehe....off to find some more Smile
Night
Night

Back to top Go down

What are you doing to pass the time till ob? - Page 3 Empty Re: What are you doing to pass the time till ob?

Post by Pil Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:08 pm

Celestial being... a war that end all war..... Origin of gundam... Gundam 00

Im now watching old anime Legend of Galatic Heroes..( 1988 )
this is the 4th time i watch the whole series.. 110 episode.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_Galactic_Heroes
Pil
Pil

Back to top Go down

Post by nibblemynutz Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:54 pm

Gundam 00

Yea, I started watching that like two months ago when I heard there would be a new one.
nibblemynutz
nibblemynutz

Back to top Go down

Post by Pil Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:25 am

yea.. the funny thing is.. although Gundam 00 timeline is suppose the 1st Gundam appearance, but they look way stronger than RX-78. I wonder how will Zaku look like.
Pil
Pil

Back to top Go down

Post by Eminescu Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:45 am

i am following all series that started this summer / autumn ..... must say there are many that promise alot .....most interesting Very Happy
Eminescu
Eminescu

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentEagle1 Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:14 pm

For some reason the gundam type genre never really interested me. I'm not exactly sure why though, I blame society. lol

SilentEagle1

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:36 pm

haha.......gundam W is still my fav so far.....i wonder if 00 can top w Smile only ime will tell...but so far so good....the character design atleast isnt another kira copy lol and the style seems a bit better.....kinda remind me a bit of code geass........but its good overall
Night
Night

Back to top Go down

Post by Exia Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:34 pm

The Gundams don't look like Gundams, with the exception of
Kyrios. I'm curious as to what GN stands for o_o
Exia
Exia

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentEagle1 Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:44 pm

Until OB im just trying to play other games to keep me busy so i dont think about when OB will come.

SilentEagle1

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:19 pm

hehe....only thing i dont like wit hte new gundam is some of the names? i kinda find hallelujah a wierd name for a gundam....it gets messy when you start brining god into a mecha anime...mayb its just me lol .....watch some Dennou Coil if you wer a fan of the .hack series...i htink its a pretty nice
Night
Night

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:42 pm

SilentEagle1 wrote:For some reason the gundam type genre never really interested me. I'm not exactly sure why though, I blame society. lol

Gundam series is very interesting to watch. Their themes are very different. I've only watched W, Seed and S.Destiny. Currently watching Gundam 00.

Gundam W seems to be themeless though or maybe it wasn't shown strongly.

Gundam Seed is themed about genetic engineering which is currently taking place. It shows a possible scenario of what would happen in the future. There is a phrase that I love in that series by Kagalli (Cagalli) - "He killed your friend. You killed his friend. Now both of you are trying to kill one another. How is this kind of twisted thinking ever going to bring peace!?"
I can't remember the exact quote and I can't correct it atm cause I can't find the series online except on torrents lol. It should be under epi 29-32 where the actual quote was said.

Gundam Seed Destiny is the 2nd season of the Seed series. Basically it is just a continuation of the series with the conclusion. Once again, people never learn. So we have one bright-spark trying to create a world whereby everyone is going to be the same through genetic engineering. Without dreams,without hope,without anything. Just a empty human shell.

Gundam 00, I think it's themed on "Holy Wars". With Jihai's and the fanatics. Religion and politics mixed = one very messy conclusion.
PS - No offense to anyone whose religious.

Thats just about it. Got pissed off trying to find the quote from Kagalli lol.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://asdadream.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystan Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:21 am

Well, I do what I've been doing prior to even discovering Asda.

I read alot (sci-fi/fantasy/fiction [like one good 350 page novel a day)

I work full time

and I read manga.

On the subject of manga... I must clarify =P I don't ever BUY manga, just read it. This means I go to the local bookstores and read their manga selection... seriously though, I can only do that a few times every month because I've pretty much read E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. they have there (except dragonballz) and I have to wait for new stuff to come out again before revisiting...

As for which is my favorite? Can't say, but I can say which series has made me laugh the hardest. That would be 'Skip Beat' a shōjo manga by Yoshiki Nakamura. Seriously though, I like almost all of the series that are being sold at my bookstores.

I don't watch anime/manga for the same reasons I don't buy the books... (I'd rather spend money on something else and since I can read for free, why buy?)

So I guess, until OBT, most of my free time is spent reading =)
I haven't played online games since I quit WoW in... may or something.

Mystan

Back to top Go down

Post by Exia Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:46 am

Admin wrote:
SilentEagle1 wrote:For some reason the gundam type genre never really interested me. I'm not exactly sure why though, I blame society. lol

Gundam series is very interesting to watch. Their themes are very different. I've only watched W, Seed and S.Destiny. Currently watching Gundam 00.

Gundam W seems to be themeless though or maybe it wasn't shown strongly.

Gundam Seed is themed about genetic engineering which is currently taking place. It shows a possible scenario of what would happen in the future. There is a phrase that I love in that series by Kagalli (Cagalli) - "He killed your friend. You killed his friend. Now both of you are trying to kill one another. How is this kind of twisted thinking ever going to bring peace!?"
I can't remember the exact quote and I can't correct it atm cause I can't find the series online except on torrents lol. It should be under epi 29-32 where the actual quote was said.

Gundam Seed Destiny is the 2nd season of the Seed series. Basically it is just a continuation of the series with the conclusion. Once again, people never learn. So we have one bright-spark trying to create a world whereby everyone is going to be the same through genetic engineering. Without dreams,without hope,without anything. Just a empty human shell.

Gundam 00, I think it's themed on "Holy Wars". With Jihai's and the fanatics. Religion and politics mixed = one very messy conclusion.
PS - No offense to anyone whose religious.

Thats just about it. Got pissed off trying to find the quote from Kagalli lol.

Nice explanation :3

Let's not forget how godly Strike-Freedom is and how Shin is a twat >.< ...I hereby call him incest boy.
Exia
Exia

Back to top Go down

Post by taelmx Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:28 am

Mystan wrote:Well, I do what I've been doing prior to even discovering Asda.

I read alot (sci-fi/fantasy/fiction [like one good 350 page novel a day)

I work full time

and I read manga.

On the subject of manga... I must clarify =P I don't ever BUY manga, just read it. This means I go to the local bookstores and read their manga selection... seriously though, I can only do that a few times every month because I've pretty much read E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. they have there (except dragonballz) and I have to wait for new stuff to come out again before revisiting...

As for which is my favorite? Can't say, but I can say which series has made me laugh the hardest. That would be 'Skip Beat' a shōjo manga by Yoshiki Nakamura. Seriously though, I like almost all of the series that are being sold at my bookstores.

I don't watch anime/manga for the same reasons I don't buy the books... (I'd rather spend money on something else and since I can read for free, why buy?)

So I guess, until OBT, most of my free time is spent reading =)
I haven't played online games since I quit WoW in... may or something.

Wow, 350 pages per day? That's a lot of books! I read manga online...I mainly read the new ones my friend uploads...<advertisement>if anybody wants to help with uploading manga and such to the viewer I could use some help.</advertisement>

Oh, and here's the link to it:
http://www.rs-anime.com/manga/

GTO has to be one of the funniest manga I've read...xDDD
taelmx
taelmx

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentEagle1 Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:11 am

GTO is one of the funniest anime as well as manga.

350 pages a day........that a lot faster than me, i feel like a slug now.

SilentEagle1

Back to top Go down

Post by Exia Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:18 am

Look up Awesome in a dictionary and you'll find GTO.

GTO is the epitomy of awesome. No arguments.
Exia
Exia

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:28 pm

haha yeh good old gto Very Happy gota hav more teachers like that!!!....and for all the gundam lovers here go watch that anime in pils sig.....its pretty much a older version of gundam minus the mobile suits haha.....soo much politics haha but its good !!! legend of galatic heroes!!! seems to be a old classic

"There are few wars between good and evil; most are between one good and another good."
Night
Night

Back to top Go down

Post by Pil Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:10 pm

Ya ya! LoGH! Legend of galactic heroes! Unlike most anime.. this series is pretty much mature content, lots of politics, tactics, assasinations, plots, etc.

The series enlight alot on how you look the real world we in.
Pil
Pil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ingmar Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:31 am

Well, i try to spend time on chatting on MSN & forums, surfing on Youtube and downloading & watching Top Gear episodes. My way of dealing with it. Razz
Ingmar
Ingmar

Back to top Go down

Post by nibblemynutz Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:07 am

You forgot about gundam X (after the war)
nibblemynutz
nibblemynutz

Back to top Go down

Post by Abnormality Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:18 am

The only gundam I bothered watching was the one The Endless Waltz was based off of. Forgetting the name.. Gundam Wing i think..
Abnormality
Abnormality

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:19 pm

thats the best one so far......hmm any1 know where turn a gundam fit in the time line? i watched it without subs and was really confused lol..........
Night
Night

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:30 am

Kay, I just found the exact phrase that Kagalli said.

Epi 31 - "Someone's killed for killing another. Then that guy is killed for killing him. How is that kind of twisted thinking ever going to bring peace!?"

and one more from Kira!

Epi 34 - "If you just did nothing because you thought it wouldn't help, then you end up doing less than nothing. For nothing would change, nothing would end."
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://asdadream.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ingmar Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:12 am

FOR F*CKS SAKE, I'M REALLY TIRED OF WAITING THE OPEN BETA HOW LONG CAN THEY DELAY? ARGH.
Ingmar
Ingmar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ingmar Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:14 am

FOR F*CKS SAKE, I'M REALLY TIRED OF WAITING THE OPEN BETA HOW LONG CAN THEY DELAY? ARGH.
Ingmar
Ingmar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum