AsdaDream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unofficial Asda Story FAQ by Maelbolgia on Freeboard

4 posters

Go down

Unofficial Asda Story FAQ by Maelbolgia on Freeboard Empty Unofficial Asda Story FAQ by Maelbolgia on Freeboard

Post by Himo Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:51 pm

Unofficial FAQ
==============

Q. I am trying to verify my account for Asda Story, but I keep getting an error message "fill all blank exactly." What's wrong?
A. This is because you're using Firefox (or another, similar, browser). For some reason the sign-up/verify page has an issue with Firefox. The solution is to simply use Internet Explorer to complete that step.

Q. Why is my quest text overlapping?
A. This is a common problem. Asda is currently beta, and this is a known bug. Asda asks for you to install the Korean language pack if you haven't got it installed. Try installing it and it may fix the problem.

Q. The launcher doesn't update from patches, and tells me that I should wait a minute and try again.

A. Do just that. It's likely that the server is overloaded and/or down.

Q. Who can I be soulmates with?
A. Anyone. There is no restriction on who can be your soulmate. Gender is not an issue. You likely don't want a soulmate too far below or above you in level, however.

Q. I can run another game like this, like Maple Story, but Asda runs poorly or doesn't run at all.
A. Asda is newer, and more than likely uses newer technology such as newer shader versions. Just because a game may look similar does not mean it will run as well. Also, Asda is currently in beta. It's highly likely that debug symbols and/or code are still present in the game to help with the testing which can, and usually do, slow it down.

Q. I got kicked out of the game, and it said it was closing because HackShield hadn't loaded.
A. One suggested method is to try to start HackShield manually from the installation directory, and then start the game. If nothing works, such as trying again or manually starting it, report it as a bug to MaxOn.

Q. I was levelling just fine, logged out (or crashed out) and tried to come back in, but every time I try to enter the world my game crashes with an error message box on the screen after loading is finished!
A. Simply try logging on as another character. Also, try another channel. FILE A BUG REPORT. If those don't fix it, there's not much else to do besides try reinstalling Asda Story.

Q. I'm getting an error saying that my character information couldn't be gotten from the server, what's wrong?
A. This happens due to a lot of people on the channel you're on it seems. Try another channel, and the problem may go away. Also, the server may be overloaded. If changing channels doesn't work, give it some time (about 30 minutes) and try again in a while.

Q. I can't connect to the server at all!
A. It's likely that the server is in maintenance currently. Please wait 30 minutes to one hour and try again.

Q. How can I see my framerate?
A. Back up config.txt in <Install Directory>\system, and then change the line "FPS: FALSE" to "FPS: TRUE". You should now see some debugging information at the top of the game window while playing.

Q. I run Windows Vista and I can't even start the program! What's wrong?

A. Windows Vista has various problems. The solution for most people is to right click the AsdaStory.exe file in <Install Directory>\system and choose compatibility mode as "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" and "Run as Administrator". If the problem still exhibits itself, you can install Windows XP next to Vista. Also, if you're having troubles such as this you should contact Microsoft and MaxOn, and inform them of the issue.

Q. Everytime I log in, by the time the yellow bar thingy reaches a 1/10 of the way until it's finished, I get an error saying I lost connection with the server, or HackShield isn't running. What do I do?
A. You're most likely running Windows Vista, please follow the Windows Vista directions above. If you're not running Windows Vista and this problem occurs repeatedly, please file a bug report so that MaxOn will know.

Q. I load Asda Story, but it sits at the white screen with the game name. What's wrong?
A. Add Asda Story to your firewalls exception list, or turn it off. This should fix the problem. If not, you may have another issue. Please file a bug report.

Q. I click on someone and click party invite, but it doesn't invite them and says "Someone is inviting you" when I do.
A. Make sure to target the person before you right click them. This is a common bug. If this happens, simply exit the game (not restart from the menu) and start it again. The problem should be fixed.

Q. I casted "Protective Shield" on someone, but my Asda Story crashed! What happened?
A. This is a known bug with that skill. Please file a bug report so that it can be brought to MaxOn's attention.

Admin Add-Ons

Q. When will Open Beta start?
A. Read the News - http://asda.gamengame.com/news/notice.asp
Himo
Himo

Back to top Go down

Unofficial Asda Story FAQ by Maelbolgia on Freeboard Empty Re: Unofficial Asda Story FAQ by Maelbolgia on Freeboard

Post by crimlo Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:28 pm

omg nice faq i only just found this Razz
crimlo
crimlo

Back to top Go down

Unofficial Asda Story FAQ by Maelbolgia on Freeboard Empty Re: Unofficial Asda Story FAQ by Maelbolgia on Freeboard

Post by Himo Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:41 am

Yeah... For some reason, Sticky and Annoucement don't go to the top...
Himo
Himo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:53 pm

They are on top already. Lol, it's just that there's no other "normal" threads around.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://asdadream.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:03 pm

Still, we can easily miss it. Anyways, not important Razz
Himo
Himo

Back to top Go down

Post by aryatheassassin Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:09 am

I need help with my Asda Story! Everytime I launch Asda Story and it does its updates it has an error on about the 9th or 11th one. Then I try to uninstall the game and install it again but it does the same thing! Help!

aryatheassassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down