AsdaDream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Site for Asda Dream?(Opinions wanted)

+9
Night
donkeytail
nibblemynutz
Admin
SilentEagle1
sparky
crimlo
Himo
taelmx
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New site?

New Site for Asda Dream?(Opinions wanted) Vote_lcap79%New Site for Asda Dream?(Opinions wanted) Vote_rcap 79% 
[ 15 ]
New Site for Asda Dream?(Opinions wanted) Vote_lcap21%New Site for Asda Dream?(Opinions wanted) Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 19

New Site for Asda Dream?(Opinions wanted) Empty New Site for Asda Dream?(Opinions wanted)

Post by taelmx Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:55 pm

If we get enough support from everyone, the staff members might buy a new server for the site and have new forum software installed. We will be able to get a more customizable forum, along with some cool add-ons too probably(such as an RPG Battle System). Also, we will get a separate domain name(like www.asdadream.com).All in support say "Cheese!"
taelmx
taelmx

Back to top Go down

New Site for Asda Dream?(Opinions wanted) Empty Re: New Site for Asda Dream?(Opinions wanted)

Post by Himo Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:38 pm

I'm all for it, the only problem I see is if people don't donate, all the costs for such a website would fall on the admin's shoulders...

But if we find some options to counter this, I'll say: "CHEESE Very Happy"
Himo
Himo

Back to top Go down

New Site for Asda Dream?(Opinions wanted) Empty Re: New Site for Asda Dream?(Opinions wanted)

Post by crimlo Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:30 pm

get a new site if u want to these forums r all good for me Razz
crimlo
crimlo

Back to top Go down

Post by taelmx Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:06 pm

Hosting costs shouldn't be too much. I estimate $5 for a domain and $20 for hosting per year which makes $25 per year. I could probably help with the costs too if needed.
taelmx
taelmx

Back to top Go down

Post by sparky Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:11 pm

lol
we cant post in the other topic =\ no permission

domain names are expensive now >.> for .com 's
around 10 to 15 USD a year

but most web server packages comes with free domainhost

cheap one is dreamhost, around 26$ for the first year if you have an access code and 100+ for the year afters
a really good one is lunarpages but around 100ish USD per year

your free to look for your own ;p

just dont host illegal files, such as shows/movies/warez/etc

oh and why cant you move the other one or delet this one =|
tried using 'moderator control panel' ;p?

sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentEagle1 Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:31 am

i dont think 10 dollars a year for a domain name is very expensive, its the website hosting thats expensive. As far as im concerned im content with these forums. But if you really want one for some reason im sure you could probly get donations from some people.

SilentEagle1

Back to top Go down

Post by sparky Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:31 am

im fine with these forum but then again, its the domain name that isnt very attractive.

if its webhosting, i can offer some space on one of my servers

for free of course

i have 2.5TB bandwidth a month and plenty of space for the forums only Wink

sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:49 am

Actually, I think a website would be great too. One with all the infos about the game and the usual stuff like wallpapers, movies, etc. Forums are great, but when we're talking about accessability (OMG Spelling Neutral ) they suck. The problem with those is that as soon as someone does an other topic, the other ones go down. Meaning usefull topics get lost fast, and even with stickies and announcements, after some time, you get so much of those, yu're still getting lost on the forum. Plus, most forums (including this one) are view-only, which means you have to register yourself to view it, I know it's not much of a hassle to do that, but it's still something most user won't do just to see a little bit of info like: What skills do Warriors have. With a website, we could put all that info easily vieable(is that a word O_o) to everyone.

2cents.
Himo
Himo

Back to top Go down

Post by sparky Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:03 am

wiki for asda dream

1cent ;p

sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:52 am

Admin wrote:God dammit - I cant move the thread from Annoucement and now I cant delete this. Freaking controls >_>

Anyway read the annoucement for the time being and post your suggestions here or there. I'll try and fix this mess up later >_>
Did it Wink Yeah I know, I'm awesome.
Himo
Himo

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentEagle1 Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:03 am

lol, a wiki, i tried that for another game so i have a pretty cool custom layout but getting people that will actually contribute is hard. Itd be cool, but for some reason i get the feel an actual website would work better for this group. althouh ive been wrong in the past.

SilentEagle1

Back to top Go down

Post by sparky Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:56 am

=\ a site needs mods admins to update content where as a wiki can be updated to anyone =|
i just think that when the community is small, we can use as much contribution as we can get but when its big, then maybe move it to personalized site?

not sure though

just that i seen feista fans wiki and its pretty nice

also Himo's stuff is a pretty good amount to put into a wiki ;p

wiki wiki wiki waka

sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentEagle1 Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:01 am

well whatever, i think they are just asking if they should pay money to be able to do other things. Wiki or website or whatever they could choose.

I'm content the way it is right now. I don't mind if they change it or not.

SilentEagle1

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:03 am

When I first made this side, my motives was for people to create guides, help one another, have fun, getting a closer community. Most of all, I wanted it to be free (Well, can't expect a first-timer making forum to pay now can you?) lol.

If you guys are up for creating a new site, i'll gladly give up admin and pass acc to taelmx for tranfers if possible, or just start from scratch.

Admin or not, it doesn't really matter ^^

Prolly add a donation poll which will amount to just the server cost. Once it's been done, the poll can just be disabled for the time being till the next payment Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://asdadream.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentEagle1 Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:17 am

If needed i can definately code some wiki stuff if that is what is wanted, and i can do a bit of html and php stuff. Just what i know from when i had my site, so really just basic stuff. Anyways lol, i wouldnt pay for just a forum either.

SilentEagle1

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:20 am

Made a poll. Vote away.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:39 am

Didn't vote. I say we should wait until the community's a bit bigger...
Himo
Himo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:24 am

Razz No time limit lol.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by taelmx Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:54 am

With a new site, we could have a wiki, a forum, and a main page. If we needed to, I could make a subdomain on my server for Asdadream. I have 100GB storage and enough bandwidth.

Oh, and here's kinda what the forum would look like(it's IPB, I can have two copies on one server):
http://www.rs-anime.com/forums/
taelmx
taelmx

Back to top Go down

Post by nibblemynutz Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:08 am

I think this is good enough.

:3

And this forum is just growing.

No need yet.
nibblemynutz
nibblemynutz

Back to top Go down

Post by taelmx Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:01 am

What I'm worried about is that forumotion won't allow us to export users and posts...so we should do it while the forum is still new...
taelmx
taelmx

Back to top Go down

Post by nibblemynutz Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:05 am

I wouldn't mind...

But it's just.. w/es.

We need more Opinions.

But if what you say might happen.

>.>

It may be too late if we wait for more opinions.
nibblemynutz
nibblemynutz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:27 am

If people is really interested in this forum, I suppose they wouldn't mind re-registering again on the new forum, if forumotion doesn't allow transfers Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by taelmx Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:54 am

Wow, it's split 50/50 now...O_o

What about the topics? I don't think there would be any way to export or import those...-(

I'll make the AsdaDream forum on my server just so we can get it going in case we decide on doing so. I'll start sometime next week if I can. I'll need help with graphics and such, I think Himo would be good at that. If you wanted to change the name of the forum or anything else like that before the domain name, we could get the new site up faster.
taelmx
taelmx

Back to top Go down

Post by nibblemynutz Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:59 am

Copy/Paste.

xD
nibblemynutz
nibblemynutz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next