AsdaDream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've reinstalled this game for about 5 times...

5 posters

Go down

I've reinstalled this game for about 5 times... Empty I've reinstalled this game for about 5 times...

Post by Pocky Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:42 am

I can't start the game because it keeps saying "The application has failed to start because d3d9.dll was not found. Re-installing the application might fix this problem."

Well, I reinstalled the game..more than I can count. I also downloaded the client AGAIN for over 5 times, including the new one. Is there something wrong?

Pocky

Back to top Go down

I've reinstalled this game for about 5 times... Empty Re: I've reinstalled this game for about 5 times...

Post by Admin Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:46 am

Either way CB is ending so it doesn't really matter at this point in time. Hope to see you join when OB comes out ^^
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://asdadream.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I've reinstalled this game for about 5 times... Empty Re: I've reinstalled this game for about 5 times...

Post by schroder999 Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:59 am

For a problem like this you may want to try to get someone to send you that file that you are missing and put it in the application folder manually.

schroder

schroder999

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:00 am

If you'd still like to try the game, try downloading this: d3d9.dll

Extract it in your Asda Story folder, in the "system" folder. It should work, I can't garantee thought.
Himo
Himo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pocky Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:18 am

Umm, well I'd like to try it...but the link you gave me was broken. o-o

Pocky

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:33 am

Stupid Javascript-controled downloads...

Here's the real link: d3d9.dll
Himo
Himo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pocky Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:25 am

Error (after d3d9 dl):
"the procedure entry point DdEntry10 could not be located in the dynamic link library DDraw.dll."
@_@?

Pocky

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:47 pm

WTF? Ok... I can't help you now, but just in case, are you running Windows Vista? If you are, go to the AsdaStory.exe file (located in <Install Directory>\system ) right-click it, choose compatibility mode as "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" and "Run as Administrator".

If you're not running Vista, your best bet, to be sure to play when the game final game is released is to contact Microsoft and MaxOn and tell them about your problem. Also, try and get the info on your specs of your computer (RAM, HHD, Motherboard, etc).
Himo
Himo

Back to top Go down

Post by taelmx Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:08 pm

Windows VISTA has some MAJOR compatibility issues... your best be it to run it in compatibility mode with XP SP2. The Administrator always helps too. Take a screenshot of the error if those still don't work.
taelmx
taelmx

Back to top Go down

Post by Pocky Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:57 pm

I don't know, this computer has all the requirements. I'm just too confused. @_@

Pocky

Back to top Go down

Post by taelmx Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:06 am

Post a screenshot of the error...=D
taelmx
taelmx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down