AsdaDream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for LCD monitor expert, range from 22" above

5 posters

Go down

Looking for LCD monitor expert, range from 22" above Empty Looking for LCD monitor expert, range from 22" above

Post by Pil Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:39 pm

My philips lightframe 17" gave out 2 days ago. It was one of the best monitor 4 yrs back. Thinking back.. most of my monitor didnt last more than tht. So, i plan to get a larger LCD monitor.

Currently im interested in Samsung 226BW, a 22" widescreen. Which cost about Ringgit Malaysia 1,000 / 290USD / S$425.

I wonder... any of u know there is any LCD monitor better than this?
Pil
Pil

Back to top Go down

Looking for LCD monitor expert, range from 22" above Empty Re: Looking for LCD monitor expert, range from 22" above

Post by nibblemynutz Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:17 am

Dell has some widescreens, but it depends on what you buy from them, and they will discount.
nibblemynutz
nibblemynutz

Back to top Go down

Looking for LCD monitor expert, range from 22" above Empty Re: Looking for LCD monitor expert, range from 22" above

Post by Ansara Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:27 am

<hides the 13'' 5 years old laptop currently being abused>

(But asda works! ;P and warcraft 3 too.)

Ansara

Back to top Go down

Post by Pil Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:32 pm

yea.. for dell.. im looking at their new model SP2208WFP, and it have HDMI which mean i can plug in PS3 ( if i hv the cash to buy one ) with lesser image quality lost.

And it cost about RM1,159 / Sing$ 559 / US$ 332. Sadly, no much review on this models yet.
Pil
Pil

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:15 pm

Im currently using a 7 year old Panaview LCD 17" model that be used to play on PS / PS2 Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://asdadream.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Exia Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:31 am

I don't use a monitor!!

My computers project images in the air!! j/k

I'll have to wait another 6 months before they have
that technology fully functional ._.

...as well as those touch panel coffee tables...
Exia
Exia

Back to top Go down

Post by nibblemynutz Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 am

You don't have to have hd cables to hook it up.

It's only an option,

But for me, I have a option of using a projector or my sony wall plasma. Plasmas don't last long but hey, I got it at Frys when it was on sale after thanks giving. 54"
nibblemynutz
nibblemynutz

Back to top Go down

Post by Pil Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:41 pm

well... i sold a few lcd projectors 8 yrs ago, a pretty expensive gadget. But i get to bring a demo unit home during World Cup... it's great!

However, the problem back then is the lifespan of bulb, whitespot & low ANSI Lumens ( ranging between 400 ~ 2000 ). But still, projector resolutions are pretty low when u expand the image.

But im not sure about the projector technology now. Mayb the price gone down, higher spec & more attractive to home user than business user.
Pil
Pil

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:25 pm

Pil wrote:well... i sold a few lcd projectors 8 yrs ago, a pretty expensive gadget. But i get to bring a demo unit home during World Cup... it's great!

However, the problem back then is the lifespan of bulb, whitespot & low ANSI Lumens ( ranging between 400 ~ 2000 ). But still, projector resolutions are pretty low when u expand the image.

But im not sure about the projector technology now. Mayb the price gone down, higher spec & more attractive to home user than business user.

My head hurts with all the technical talk @_@... Things were so much simpler in the past! Just a monitor would do. Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nibblemynutz Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:36 pm

Lol,

We are talking about projectors like in business offices,

and yes they are getting cheaper.

Bulbs are still crappy, they last about two-four years.

cost from 80-400 depending on the quality and brand.
nibblemynutz
nibblemynutz

Back to top Go down

Post by Pil Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:19 am

ouch! bulb still cost alot! i guess i stick to monitor for its mass production.

Anyway, spend these few days learning abt LCD monitor & TV. Although my backwater homeland is still using analog signal for its TV system, the PS3 push the limit, render alot of monitor and TV out. Picking something tht work for both, really hard. I guess i hv to stick to this 14" when the OB out.

Still nid more time, to learn bout LCD, picking who i should buy from & PC Fair is near, maybe they will drop slightly and yet, not much ppl buying such monitor may hv to wiat for stock. Sigh....
Pil
Pil

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:47 am

Pil wrote:ouch! bulb still cost alot! i guess i stick to monitor for its mass production.

Anyway, spend these few days learning abt LCD monitor & TV. Although my backwater homeland is still using analog signal for its TV system, the PS3 push the limit, render alot of monitor and TV out. Picking something tht work for both, really hard. I guess i hv to stick to this 14" when the OB out.

Still nid more time, to learn bout LCD, picking who i should buy from & PC Fair is near, maybe they will drop slightly and yet, not much ppl buying such monitor may hv to wiat for stock. Sigh....

Very Happy You can always buy one for me. Im not picky Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down