AsdaDream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soulmates

+17
Night
Abnormality
zfate
sparky
Amari
nibblemynutz
SugarBi
Warpcrusader
Pil
Ansara
24threever
crimlo
Admin
Zero
taelmx
Himo
Kagehoshi
21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Soulmates Empty Soulmates

Post by Kagehoshi Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:11 am

In your opinion, Do you think that finding a soulmate is hard?
What do you think about guys who create female accounts?
Do you think of it as 'wrong' for a guy to make a female account?
Would you make a female account to SM with a friend?

Also, what is opinion on two people of the same sex being a soul mate?
( I really don't think it's that big of a deal, not saying that two peopel would have to be homosexual, but finding a SM is really difficult for some people.)

I know a lot of guys don't have soul mates, simply cause of the big difference in males:females. But is there anything against making a female character? Personally, I think that the account shouldn't have a set gender, like one account could have 2 females, 1 male ( or vice versa ). I don't really think it would end up affecting the game very much, but I am interested in other's opinions regarding the Soul Mate feature.

EDIT: Sorry, guess I should've posted this in the Soulmate section, but I didn't see it before. If one of the admins could move it, please do.

Kagehoshi

Back to top Go down

Soulmates Empty Re: Soulmates

Post by Himo Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:36 am

Not gonna move it since the Soulmates forum is for finding one.

But huh, yeah, about what you said. A friend and I tried the soulmate thing. He's a guy, but made a female account. When he made it, it was more to huh... take advantage of those guys who give everything a girl wants in a MMO, but we decided to try the soulmate thing. We had so much fun, when the game starts again, I'm soulmating him again, that's if I don't have a girlfrend who's playing by then.

Also, I played a couple of days before he came in, and I didn't have a soulmate. Not because there wasn't enough girls, but because I want to be soulmate with someone I have a lot of fun with. I know it gives an exp boost and skill and such, but I don't care, I want to have fun, it's a game after all even if some tought of the soulmate system as a dating service (yeah, some guys tought they'd get a date if they soulmated a girl...)

It's overall an awesome feature, maybe they should rename it thought, something like Best Buddy or w/e. But I think when the creators of the game came with the Soulmate thing, they were really aiming for a dating thing. For gamer guys to meet gamer girls... I'm saying that because of the fact that if you registered as a guy, you cannot create a girl or vise versa. Plus, I dunno if you knew that, but if you soulmate someone with a character, other characters are soulmates of the person's other character. In other words, Soulmate is account-based. So, I'm kind of scared of what the devs really wanted to do, but at the same time, the skills, the exp boost are great so... Hurray Soulmates!
Himo
Himo

Back to top Go down

Post by taelmx Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:23 pm

It's basically a party system, it's not like you are having sex with them...xD
taelmx
taelmx

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:58 pm

In my opinion, its somewhat hard to find a soulmate you can trust, because your soulmate can login to your character, doing whatever they want and then easily "delete" your soulmate (as in stopping the soulmate process). so in a way, thats where the trouble comes in.

i don't really care about the guy creating female, i mean, sometimes i do that also (not this time tho) to take advantage of people giving me free stuff. but its become really typical that i've gotten pretty used to it.

ahh, well, i don't find anything wrong with it, i guess its only the guys who wanted to find a person to "date" with, have problems with them cause they can't differentiate a guy playing a girl character with girl playing girl character easily.

i'm planning to stick with my male account =P, i mean, it still works doing male-male soulmate.

in CB i did do a guy-guy soulmate, i mean, its pretty much the same if you soulmated with a girl character who was actually a guy, so i don't think its a big deal. you can kind of interpret it as best friends instead of "gay" or something.

i agree with himo that they should "rename" the skills especially. when i first saw it i was like.."love love power"...wth?! kinda reaction. so they could've renamed it to make things easier.

Last edited by on Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:38 pm

Uh, don't worry about people stealing your char. The soulmate only works for exp sharing when your offline or vice versa. It does not allow your soulmate to trade/delete your items or char. (The site states so)

TBH finding soulmates isn't hard, if only the males in the game would quit being desperados looking for "female" soulmates.
Soulmates are over-rated to me. I could easily do w/o the soulmate skills and still have a decent game.

I have nothing against guys making female chars cause I myself make them too. That is why to me every female in-game is a guy unless you've heard her voice or seen her be it webcam / IRL.

The best way is to have open-minded people in the community. FYI it is a game. Not real life. It's suppose to be an outlet for escaping when reality is too grity.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://asdadream.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:46 pm

oh really? but can't your soulmate use your character or something? i remember there was such thing...
but i do agree that soulmate is a little overrated cuz my first character didn't have a soulmate till like lvl 21, and my other character didn't even see my soulmate until like...lvl 22, so i still think the game can be fun without having the idea that "soulmate is a MUST"
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by crimlo Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:55 pm

yea its kinda hard for me cos im from new zealand Razz
only person i know that plays from nz is my mate Razz
if anyone is from nz on this forum and wanna be my soulmate in openbeta pm me Razz
or plays in my time zone if u from aus thats fine 2 Razz
oh yea i play a shield fighter tank spec but i still got some dps skills Razz
crimlo
crimlo

Back to top Go down

Post by 24threever Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:59 pm

A lot of people online (to tell the truth) are always looking for people to talk to, especially the opposite sex (like on chat rooms/IMVU). mmo's like this is no different,

actually I don't know where I'm going lol...

Besides, I wouldn't mind if I'd soulmate with my Bestfriend/s, one's a chick and ones a guy, I wouldn't mind either of em...But it just sounds a bit weird, soulmates too harsh of a word heheh, and alot of people take that title seriously, thats why its hard finding a soulmate..

24threever

Back to top Go down

Post by crimlo Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:06 pm

i dont care if i soulmate with a guy or a girl i jsut want 1 thats plays the time that i play and is a dif class Razz =>
crimlo
crimlo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ansara Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:10 pm

Who cares about your gender?
You play female - act female (which isnt really much different, c'mon. If a female character goes all 'sw33t' and defenceless, be sure its a guy faking it lol). Thats RPG, even though a grinding one ;p

Soulmates are best friends, not lovers. Find someone you trust and you play lots with, and be happy ;p

Ansara

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:42 pm

overall, this is just a game, whether the person you're playing with is a guy or girl, i think we can still just get along and have fun. like you all said, i'm pretty sure that if the person is a girl, well, thats fine, if the person is a guy, thats also fine. no need to put any specification on soulmate, as long as we're having fun thats the main focus of it.
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Soulmates Empty Question on soul deliver

Post by Pil Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:07 pm

Anyway, did anyone know how to "Soul Deliver" ( I forgot the skill name, but it require a soulstone to work ) actually work?

I remember reading the description saying you can deliver your soul to your SM to gain extra exp when we log out. So does this mean we can leech some exp or our SM have to select our character to play in order to work?
Pil
Pil

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpcrusader Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:23 pm

lmao love love power xD
Well i never liked to be a girl character and i think every gender should stick to their own gender so..
BE A GUY IF UR A GUY
BE A GIRL IF UR A GIRL
BE GAY IF UR GAY!
woops..
I'm not gay o_o
Warpcrusader
Warpcrusader

Location : BISA Dorm (its an American Department of Defense School o_O)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:49 pm

lol, well, not sure about the gay part, but i personally don't care whether they be guy or girl character cuz, in the end, there will be a major amount of male characters with a couple girl characters if peopl really played their own gender, it'll just result into more guy-guy character soulmate, so its just about the same actually...
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:26 am

Admin wrote:Uh, don't worry about people stealing your char. The soulmate only works for exp sharing when your offline or vice versa. It does not allow your soulmate to trade/delete your items or char. (The site states so)

I meant that your soulmate can have access to your char, but he/she can't trade/delete anything on that char. He/she can only help you to gain exp by killing mobs. The exp will be added to your total exp the moment you login.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagehoshi Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:52 am

Wow, I din't think this topic would get so many replies so fast... But yeah, I made a female account, I know you dont NEED a soulmate, but it can help to boost your overall skills, and I wanted to be able to get the most of asda when I play with friends.

Kagehoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:13 am

Yeah, having a Soulmates makes the game a bit different. But like I said, they should change the name. I know I'm not gonna have sex with the other person, but my brain just doesn't get it Razz
Himo
Himo

Back to top Go down

Post by crimlo Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:35 am

i never had a soulmate in closed beta
but from wat ppl told me its mucyh easyer to lvl up if u got 1 Razz
so ill be geting 1 in open beta ;D
crimlo
crimlo

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarBi Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:28 pm

lol...soulmate is actually mean your invisible friend in real life. Just like you saw the movie call Twins made fro Thailand. It connected with you even he/she die -_-"... so scary. And in this game it seems to like your Twin because you can use his/her id^^. I am a support mage then I would like to get a soul like fighter because my haste is usefull for them to hit monster and lvling together is faster. Whereas archer may need attack mage or archer as soulmate, because the monster not yet come to hit them already dead -_-". Warrior also can soulmate with warrior just potting^^. Seems like support mage hard to lvling at beginning but after all i guess is going to be big party lvling so can choose any soulmate after lvl 20 with party haste and party protection^^.

SugarBi

Back to top Go down

Post by nibblemynutz Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:36 pm

Lawl,

Deeng,

You peeps still talking 'bout this stuff?
nibblemynutz
nibblemynutz

Back to top Go down

Post by Amari Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:43 am

Guy+Guy and Girl+Girl isn't wrong for soulmates on the game.
It's like a best friend, you know in those animes where a main character goes fighting with his best friend or something Razz
Just replace the word 'soulmate' to 'partner' or something. : D

The whole 'couple' thing, I think it's for slightly shallow people..
Don't try overrating it ;;
This is a game to have fun, okie? =3
Well meh, I have a guy friend in real life to play with so yeah.. xD;
Amari
Amari

Back to top Go down

Post by nibblemynutz Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:01 am

Why don't they rename it to partner?

O:

Or something like.. Destiny Buddies.
nibblemynutz
nibblemynutz

Back to top Go down

Post by sparky Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:10 am

because soul mate andd stolen hot pics of girls and guys on website is mroe attractive...partner can work but usually it means friends with privliages ;p

pardon spelling, lazy

sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:32 am

sparky wrote:because soul mate andd stolen hot pics of girls and guys on website is mroe attractive...partner can work but usually it means friends with privliages ;p

pardon spelling, lazy

Damn straight, ladies if your going to post your pics on the net, be prepared to have a fan-club. Cool

Except me of course, cause im a "mit" as crimlo said, whatever the hell that is >_>
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagehoshi Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:33 am

seriously... what the hell is a "mit" male-it?

Kagehoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum