AsdaDream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot connect to website from TW

+2
Zero
schroder999
6 posters

Go down

Cannot connect to website from TW Empty Cannot connect to website from TW

Post by schroder999 Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:01 pm

Are taiwan IP's blocked from accessing the game'n'game version of asda story? I have a friend in taiwan who wants to play with us in the US but cannot access the website (for like a month) and its up for me and I'm worried they may be blocking asian IP addresses from using the game'n'game service to force them to use the asian servers? If anyone knows about this I'd love to know, thanks.

schroder

schroder999

Back to top Go down

Cannot connect to website from TW Empty Re: Cannot connect to website from TW

Post by Zero Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:10 pm

hmmm, i'm not sure specifically for taiwan, but i'm sure they didn't block all asian IP addresses, since i'm from Hong Kong and i can play perfectly fine =S, would it be your friend lives in a dorm or uses router which may have their own firewall?
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:53 am

Try tweaking the IE, make sure its IE 7. Uninstall any other internet exploring applications.

Im from SEA so Razz No problems for me entering the site.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://asdadream.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Himo Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:00 am

Or he could use a US proxy.
Himo
Himo

Back to top Go down

Post by schroder999 Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:07 am

She lives in a house with her family but does probably connect through a router. The other weird thing about it is that I ordered and setup all the software on that laptop here in the US (she wanted a gateway and they only ship to US) before having it shipped to Taiwan. I connected to the website and even played asda story closed beta before shipping the computer so I know it is not a problem with the computer or its browser configuration. I will suggest looking at the router firewall though as that seems like a likely problem. Does anyone know what settings might need to be looked at in the firewall to allow access to the website? Thanks for all the tips so far!

schroder

schroder999

Back to top Go down

Post by omi Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:05 pm

If i'm not mistaken there's a localized version of Asda Story in Taiwan. If that's the case she's a victim of IP Blocking from Asda Story in the English (or International) version. I have friends that want to play but they're in Japan ._. and apparently can't play either.

Sadly though it's going to take a lot of time to figure out the settings to access the website (the proxy thing might work), and also the server when she does finally get the website.

Alot of gaming companies do the IP blocking thing to "protect their interests" in the country they respectively operate in. most likely gamengame wasn't granted rights to have players from korea, japan, and taiwan (sadly). I'm from SEA too, but since theres no local version here, is allowed access to play asdastory. I shudder to think what would happen should there be a SEA version of it though.

omi

Back to top Go down

Post by taelmx Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:24 am

I'll PM you a circumventor link...see if it works...
taelmx
taelmx

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:07 am

Ip Bypass ftw.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://asdadream.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down